Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm Back

  Well, it's been awhile since I've posted due to a move and waiting on parts. I did finally get those parts that I'd been waiting for.

  The Adam's Arms Mid-Length Piston Conversion kit came in with a bent rod. I contacted Adam's Arms and was sent a replacement. After three piston rods we finally got a straight one. They were very helpful in getting the part replaced.

  I finally assembled the upper receiver and decided on a Magpul MOE Mid-Length Handguard. I added Magpul rails to the sides and bottom of the handguard for future add-ons. I must say I was impressed with the weight. The UBR is quite heavy, but with the extra weight on the Spike's Tactical FN barrel it brought the center of gravity to right above the magwell. So, even with ammo in the rifle it is very well balanced.



Finished Piston AR-15
  I have not had time to test fire the rifle yet, and I did run into a small issue during assembly that I will write about in a future article. All in all, I must say it has been a good experience building this rifle and look forward to completing the other two at a later date.

  So, please remember to be safe and as always, keep it down range.

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking of building my first AR15 and don't know where to look for the best quality parts. Can somebody recommend some good ar lower manufacturers?

    ar lower manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few I would recommened, Spikes Tactical and Loki Weapons Systems are at the top of my list. Their lowers are affordable and the quality is on par with lowers selling for twice the price.

      Delete
  2. Hi I really appreciate your all efforts which is specially for the ar15 keep posting.
    ar15

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got an amazing article and im looking forward for more. Thumbs Up!

    aero precision | noveske | ar 15 upper receiver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toolcraft Black Nitride AR15 Bolt Carrier Group is a M16 Full Auto BCG, manufactured using a 158 Carpenter steel bolt, and a 8620 steel carrier. E-arms is your online source for Ar 15 Bolt Carrier Groups, Bolt Parts at E-arms parts and accessories.
    ar15 bolt carrier group

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.